Re: Adding CI to our tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Adding CI to our tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-03-09 11:47:23 -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> I'm curious what you think of this patch.
>
> It makes check-world on freebsd over 30% faster - saving 5min.

That's nice! While -Og makes interactive debugging noticeably harder IME, it's
not likely to be a large enough difference just for backtraces etc.

I'm far less convinced that using "MaxSpeed" for the msvc build is a good
idea. I've looked at one or two backtraces of optimized msvc builds and
backtraces were quite a bit worse - and they're not great to start with.  What
was the win there?

Greetings,

Andres Freund