Re: Adding CI to our tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Adding CI to our tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-02-26 20:43:52 -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> This doesn't do the right thing - I just tried.
> https://cirrus-ci.org/guide/writing-tasks/#environment-variables
> | changesInclude function can be very useful for skipping some tasks when no changes to sources have been made since
thelast successful Cirrus CI build.

> That means it will not normally rebuild docs (and then this still requires
> resolving the "base branch").

Why would we want to rebuild docs if they're the same as in the last build for
the same branch?  For cfbot purposes each commit is independent from the prior
commit, so it should rebuild it every time if the CF entry has changes to the
docs.

Greetings,

Andres Freund