Re: Adding CI to our tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Adding CI to our tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 05:09:08PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > XXX: if this is run in the same task, the configure flags should probably be
> > consistent ?
>
> What do you mean?

I mean that commit to run CompilerWarnings unconditionally built docs with
different flags than the other stuff in that task.  If it's going to be a
separate task, then that doesn't matter.

> > +# Verify docs can be built, and upload changed docs as artifacts
> > +task:
> > +  name: HTML docs
> > +
> > +  env:
> > +    CPUS: 1
> > +
> > +  only_if: $CIRRUS_CHANGE_MESSAGE !=~ '.*\nci-os-only:.*' || $CIRRUS_CHANGE_MESSAGE =~
'.*\nci-os-only:[^\n]*(docs|html).*'
> > +
> > +  container:
> > +    image: $CONTAINER_REPO/linux_debian_bullseye_ci:latest
> > +    cpu: $CPUS
> > +
>
> how about using something like (the syntax might be slightly off)
>   skip: !changesInclude('doc/**')
> to avoid running it for the many pushes where no docs are changed?

This doesn't do the right thing - I just tried.
https://cirrus-ci.org/guide/writing-tasks/#environment-variables
| changesInclude function can be very useful for skipping some tasks when no changes to sources have been made since
thelast successful Cirrus CI build.

That means it will not normally rebuild docs (and then this still requires
resolving the "base branch").

--
Justin