Re: Possible uninitialized use of the variables (src/backend/access/transam/twophase.c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Possible uninitialized use of the variables (src/backend/access/transam/twophase.c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:07:19 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 11:38:44AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > The proposed change is incomplete anyway once you consider this
> > argument.  First, there is no need to set up those fields in
> > EndPrepare() anymore if there is no origin data, no?  It would be good
> > to comment that these are filled in EndPrepare(), I guess, once you do
> > the initialization in StartPrepare().
>
> That still looked better on a fresh look in terms of consistency, so
> applied this way.

FWIW +1.  That is what I had in my mind at the time of posting my
comment, but I choosed not to make a change.  It is one way to keep
consistency.  (And works to silence Coverity.)

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center