Re: Replication slot drop message is sent after pgstats shutdown. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Replication slot drop message is sent after pgstats shutdown.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:14:45 +0900, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 2:34 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >
> > On 2021-08-31 14:22:39 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> > > You mean to move only the part of sending the message to its own
> > > before_shmem_exit() callback? or move ReplicationSlotRelease() and
> > > ReplicationSlotCleanup() from ProcKill() to it?
> >
> > The latter.
>
> Makes sense.
>
> I've attached the patch that moves them to its own
> before_shmem_exit(). Unless I missed to register the callback it works
> the same as before except for where to release and clean up the slots.

Is there any reason we need to register the callback dynamically?  It
seems to me what we need to do here is to call the functions at
before-shmem-exit.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi