Re: Tab completion for "create unlogged" a bit too lax? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Tab completion for "create unlogged" a bit too lax?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:32:14AM +0000, Daniel Westermann (DWE) wrote:
> tab completion for "create unlogged" gives this:
>
> postgres=# create unlogged
> MATERIALIZED VIEW  TABLE
>
> Given that a materialized table can not be unlogged:
>
> postgres=# create unlogged materialized view mv1 as select 1;
> ERROR:  materialized views cannot be unlogged
>
> Should this really show up there?

It seems to be deliberate:

commit 3223b25ff737c2bf4a642c0deb7be2b30bfecc6e
Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date:   Mon May 6 11:57:05 2013 -0400

    Disallow unlogged materialized views.
    I left the grammar and tab-completion support for CREATE UNLOGGED
    MATERIALIZED VIEW in place, since it's harmless and allows delivering a
    more specific error message about the unsupported feature.

--
Justin