reporting TID/table with corruption error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject reporting TID/table with corruption error
Date
Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error  (Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru>)
Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error  (Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
A customer recently hit this error message:

ERROR:  t_xmin is uncommitted in tuple to be updated

This was not very informative, so without any clues, we had to let it
go.  But it did occur to me that we can improve this message so that we
know details such as the TID and the relation that caused the issue, so
that if it ever occurs again we can at least look at the WAL stream for
anything affecting the tuple, maybe it'd help to understand the problem.

So I propose the following patch.

--
Álvaro Herrera

Attachment