Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> 19 авг. 2021 г., в 21:37, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> написал(а):
>
> A customer recently hit this error message:
>
> ERROR:  t_xmin is uncommitted in tuple to be updated

Sorry for one more message, it occurred to me only after sending previous one that I know this exact message.

We encountered this error twice:
1. When dealing with broken WAL-delta backups in WAL-G (a kind of fast incremental backup, the bug was fixed back in
2019)The page simply was of an old version.
2. As a result of broken page cache in patched linux kernel (clog was fsynced succesfully, but the page fsync was lost
beforerestart)

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.