Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY does not index prepared xact's data - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY does not index prepared xact's data
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 04:09:37PM +0500, Andrey Borodin wrote:
> > 15 авг. 2021 г., в 13:45, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> написал(а):
> >> Do you see failures with that loop?  If so, can you diagnose them?

> I do not observe failure on my laptop, though reproduced it on a linux server.
> I've fixed one bug in TwoPhaseGetXidByVXid(). Also rebased on actual master.

> > Just one 1PC failure in six hours of 1PC test runtime, though.
> I've attached a patch that reproduces the problem in 30sec on my server.

Having studied the broader inval situation, I found just one additional gap
that seemed potentially relevant.  It didn't stop the failures under current
tests, however.  The attached patch replaces my last patch on this thread, so
it should replace
v12-0002-PoC-fix-for-race-in-RelationBuildDesc-and-relcac.patch in your
series.  (Like its predecessor, it's an unfinished proof-of-concept.)

With v12, on my machine, the same loop took 2000s to get three failures, both
of which were in the 1PC tests.  I ran out of time to study the failure
mechanism.  Would you diagnose what happens when it fails on your server?
Also see the larger review from Andres.

Attachment