Re: Postgresql - Service hangs.... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Zhéxué M. @Study
Subject Re: Postgresql - Service hangs....
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Hello all,
please excuse the late reply.

to the 1st question: Error message
NO, no error message appears in the LOG regarding this.
It looks like the script is waiting for something, but according to "ps -ef" the database server is there and running. According to pgAdmin also....

To question 2: Installation
I installed the "update" via apt upgrade and it also ran through without errors. However, the subsequent steps regarding conversion of the DB to the new release were not purposeful, but the database "main" was subsequently defective and he also "simply" deleted the data structure / storage that I created (ext. Volume, etc.)....

I found out over the weekend that something was bothering him regarding "huge_pages" in connection with the buffersize settings, etc.

On the question of where the script came from:
Well, I use the script to start on postgresql, which is installed together with the package. I don't change anything there either, I just analyze it if something doesn't work.

What can I do now? Because, as I said before, the server does not start via "systemctl start...." when the system is rebooted. After that I can start the script, but have to cancel it with Ctrl-C, so I can continue working on this session.

Best regards

Matthias
The diversity of human dignity
"Jede Handlung, die mit gutem Willen und Wirksamkeit
ausgeführt wird, ist eine mystische Handlung"