Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error
Date
Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-May-10, vignesh C wrote:

> That sounds fine to me, Attached v6 patch which has the changes for the same.

What about defining a function (maybe a static inline function in
defrem.h) that is marked noreturn and receives the DefElem and
optionally pstate, and throws the error?  I think that would avoid the
patch's need to have half a dozen copies of the "duplicate_error:" label
and ereport stanza.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W