Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-May-01, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> IMO, it's not good to change the function API just for showing up
> parse_position (which is there for cosmetic reasons I feel) in an error
> which actually has the option name clearly mentioned in the error message.

Why not?  We've done it before, I'm sure you can find examples in the
git log.  The function API is not that critical -- these functions are
mostly only called from ProcessUtility and friends.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W