Re: PATCH: Add GSSAPI ccache_name option to libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: PATCH: Add GSSAPI ccache_name option to libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Daniel Carter (danielchriscarter+postgres@gmail.com) wrote:
> This is a small patch (against master) to allow an application using libpq
> with GSSAPI authentication to specify where to fetch the credential cache
> from -- it effectively consists of a new field in PQconninfoOptions to store
> this data and (where the user has specified a ccache location) a call into
> the gss_krb5_ccache_name function in the GSSAPI library.

I'm not necessarily against this, but typically the GSSAPI library
provides a way for you to control this using, eg, the KRB5_CCACHE
environment variable.  Is there some reason why that couldn't be used..?

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment