Re: Key management with tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Key management with tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr  6, 2021 at 04:56:36PM +0800, Neil Chen wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I went through these patches and executed the test script you added for the KMS
> section, which looks all good.

Thank you for checking it.  The src/test/crypto/t/003_clusterkey.pl test
is one of the craziest tests I have ever written, so I am glad it worked
for you.

> This is a point that looks like a bug - in patch 10, you changed the location
> and use of *RelFileNodeSkippingWAL()*, but the modified code logic seems
> different from the original when encryption is not enabled. After applying this
> patch, it still will execute the set LSN code flow when RelFileNodeSkippingWAL
> returns true, and encryption not enabled.

You are very correct.  That 'return' inside the 'if' statement gave me
trouble, and MarkBufferDirtyHint() was the hardest function I had to
deal with.  Attached is an updated version of patches with a rebase; the
GitHub links listed on the wiki are updated too.

Thanks for your help.

Attachment