Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Euler Taveira (euler@eulerto.com) wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2021, at 2:22 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Unless there's anything further, will commit these soon.
> I briefly looked at this patch and have a few comments.
>
> +<sect1 id="app-pgreceivexlog" xreflabel="pg_receivexlog">
>
> s/pg_recievewal/pg_receivewal/

Hah!  Good catch.  Fixed.

> +<appendix id="appendix-obsolete">
> + <title>Obsolete or renamed features, settings and files</title>
>
> Section titles are capitalized so it should be "Obsolete or Renamed Features,
> Settings and Files". I find this section name too descriptive. I didn't follow
> this thread but maybe we might use a generic name that is also shorter than it
> such as "Incompatible or Obsolete Features".

Not sure how others feel, but 'incompatible' doesn't seem quite right to
me- we renamed some things between major versions but they're as
compatible as they were before.  Having it be shorter does make sense to
me, so I updated the patch with "Obsolete or Renamed Features" instead.

I also reworded the section underneath a bit to mention renaming and to
include a comment about features, settings, and file names.

> +     <primary>trigger_file</primary>
> +     <see>promote_trigger_file</see>
> +    </indexterm>
> +    setting has been renamed to
> +    <xref linkend="guc-promote-trigger-file"/>
> +   </para>
>
> There should be a period after the <xref>.

Good catch, fixed.

Updated patches attached.

Thanks!

Stephen