Re: Refactor SSL test framework to support multiple TLS libraries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Refactor SSL test framework to support multiple TLS libraries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Mar-25, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> Attached is a v2 which addresses the comments raised on the main NSS thread, as
> well as introduces named parameters for the server cert function to make the
> test code easier to read.

I don't like this patch.  I think your SSL::Server::OpenSSL and
SSL::Server::NSS packages should be doing "use parent SSL::Server";
having SSL::Server grow a line to "use" its subclass
SSL::Server::OpenSSL and import its get_new_openssl_backend() method
seems to go against the grain.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W