Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hmm, if I use configure --with-lz4, I get this:

    checking whether to build with LZ4 support... yes
    checking for liblz4... no
    configure: error: Package requirements (liblz4) were not met:

    No package 'liblz4' found

    Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LZ4_CFLAGS
    and LZ4_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash /bin/bash /pgsql/source/master/configure --enable-debug --enable-depend
--enable-cassert--enable-nls --cache-file=/home/alvherre/run/pgconfig.master.cache --enable-thread-safety --with-python
--with-perl--with-tcl --with-openssl --with-libxml --enable-tap-tests --with-tclconfig=/usr/lib/tcl8.6
PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3--with-llvm --prefix=/pgsql/install/master --with-pgport=55432 --no-create --no-recursion

I find this behavior confusing; I'd rather have configure error out if
it can't find the package support I requested, than continuing with a
set of configure options different from what I gave.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
"Postgres is bloatware by design: it was built to house