Re: libpq debug log - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From 'Alvaro Herrera'
Subject Re: libpq debug log
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Feb-04, tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com wrote:

> From: 'Alvaro Herrera' <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
> > > (41)
> > > +void
> > > +PQtraceEx(PGconn *conn, FILE *debug_port, int flags)
> > > +{
> >
> > I'm not really sure about making this a separate API call. We could just
> > make it PQtrace() and increment the libpq so version.  I don't think
> > it's a big deal, frankly.
>
> If we change the function signature, we have to bump the so major version and thus soname.  The libpq's current so
majorversion is 5, which hasn't been changed since 2006.  I'm hesitant to change it for this feature.  If you think we
canbump the version to 6, I think we can go.

I think it's pretty clear we would not change the so-version for this
feature.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W