Re: Is Recovery actually paused? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yugo NAGATA
Subject Re: Is Recovery actually paused?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 13:29:23 +0530
Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 12:50 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 2:00 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Maybe we should leave the existing function pg_is_wal_replay_paused()
> > > alone and add a new one with the name you suggest that returns text.
> > > That would create less burden for tool authors.
> >
> > +1
> >

> Yeah, we can do that, I will send an updated patch soon.

This means pg_is_wal_replay_paused is left without any change and this
returns whether pause is requested or not? If so, it seems good to modify
the documentation of this function in order to note that this could not
return the actual pause state.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--