Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jan-24, Mark Rofail wrote:

> I do not think that postgres contains vector operators, correct me if I am
> wrong. I feel that supporting vectors is our of the scope of this patch, if
> you have an idea how to support it please let me know.

I do not think that this patch needs to support oidvector and int2vector
types as if they were oid[] and int2[] respectively.  If you really want
an element FK there, you can alter the column types to the real array
types in your catalog clone.  oidvector and int2vector are internal
implementation artifacts.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
"Someone said that it is at least an order of magnitude more work to do