Re: NOT VALID for Unique Indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: NOT VALID for Unique Indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 04:22:17PM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> As you may be aware the NOT VALID qualifier currently only applies to
> CHECK and FK constraints, but not yet to unique indexes. I have had
> customer requests to change that.

This is a great feature!

Not exactly on point with this, but in a pretty closely related
context, is there some way we could give people the ability to declare
at their peril that a constraint is valid without incurring the full
scan that VALIDATE currently does? This is currently doable by
fiddling directly with the catalog, which operation is broadly more
dangerous and ill-advised.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778