Re: {CREATE INDEX, REINDEX} CONCURRENTLY improvements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Álvaro Herrera
Subject Re: {CREATE INDEX, REINDEX} CONCURRENTLY improvements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jan-04, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 5:18 PM Hamid Akhtar <hamid.akhtar@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The following review has been posted through the commitfest application:
> > make installcheck-world:  tested, passed
> > Implements feature:       not tested
> > Spec compliant:           not tested
> > Documentation:            not tested
> >
> > The patch looks good to me. With regards to the code comments, I had pretty similar concerns as already raised by
Dmitry;and those have already been answered by you. So this patch is good to go from my side once you have updated the
commentsper your last email.

> For the 0001 patch, since ReindexIndexInfo is used only within
> ReindexRelationConcurrently() I think it’s a function-local structure
> type. So we can declare it within the function. What do you think?

That's a good idea.  Pushed with that change, thanks.

Thanks also to Dmitry and Hamid for the reviews.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W