Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yugo NAGATA
Subject Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 22:58:25 -0600
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 06:16:18PM +0900, Yugo NAGATA wrote:
> This needs to be rebased again - the last version doesn't apply anymore.
> http://cfbot.cputube.org/yugo-nagata.html

I attached the rebased patch (v19).

> I looked though it a bit and attach some fixes to the user-facing docs.

Thank you for pointing out a lot of typos and making the patch to fix it!
Your fixes are included in the latest patch.

> There's some more typos in the source that I didn't fix:
> constrains
> materliazied
> cluase
> immediaite
> clumn
> Temrs
> migth
> recalculaetd
> speified
> secuirty
>
> commit message: comletion
>
> psql and pg_dump say 13 but should say 14 now:
> pset.sversion >= 130000

These were also fixed.

> # bag union
> big union?

"bag union" is union operation of bag (multi-set) that does not eliminate duplicate of tuples.

> +       <structfield>relisivm</structfield> <type>bool</type>
> +      </para>
> +      <para>
> +       True if materialized view enables incremental view maintenance
>
> This isn't clear, but I think it should say "True for materialized views which
> are enabled for incremental view maintenance (IVM)."

Yes, you are right. I also fixed it in this way.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>