Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 06:16:18PM +0900, Yugo NAGATA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is the rebased patch (v18) to add support for Incremental

This needs to be rebased again - the last version doesn't apply anymore.
http://cfbot.cputube.org/yugo-nagata.html

I looked though it a bit and attach some fixes to the user-facing docs.

There's some more typos in the source that I didn't fix:
constrains
materliazied
cluase
immediaite
clumn
Temrs
migth
recalculaetd
speified
secuirty

commit message: comletion

psql and pg_dump say 13 but should say 14 now:
pset.sversion >= 130000

# bag union
big union?

+       <structfield>relisivm</structfield> <type>bool</type>
+      </para>
+      <para>
+       True if materialized view enables incremental view maintenance

This isn't clear, but I think it should say "True for materialized views which
are enabled for incremental view maintenance (IVM)."

--
Justin

Attachment