From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Missing directory is mentioned on page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/libpq-exec.html.
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 10:54:57AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/libpq-threading.html
>
> On page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/libpq-exec.html, non-existing
> directory is mentioned: src/tools/thread.

Good find.  This directory was removed last week in this commit:

    commit 8a2121185b
    Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
    Date:   Wed Oct 21 12:08:48 2020 -0400

        Remove the option to build thread_test.c outside configure.

        Theoretically one could go into src/test/thread and build/run this
        program there.  In practice, that hasn't worked since 96bf88d52,
        and probably much longer on some platforms (likely including just
        the sort of hoary leftovers where this test might be of interest).
        While it wouldn't be too hard to repair the breakage, the fact that
        nobody has noticed for two years shows that there is zero usefulness
        in maintaining this build pathway.  Let's get rid of it and decree
        that thread_test.c is *only* meant to be built/used in configure.

        Given that decision, it makes sense to put thread_test.c under config/
        and get rid of src/test/thread altogether, so that's what I did.

        In passing, update src/test/README, which had been ignored by some
        not-so-recent additions of subdirectories.

        Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/227659.1603041612@sss.pgh.pa.us

I have applied the attached patch to all branches to remove the
paragraph.  I think the docs are only built when there is a minor
release, so it might take a few weeks until the online docs are updated.
You found this very quickly.  :-)

Attachment