Re: Both type of replications from a single server? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Both type of replications from a single server?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 01:25:14PM +0530, Srinivasa T N wrote:
> For streaming replication, I need to set wal_level to replica in A whereas
> for logical_replication we need to set wal_level to replica in the same A
> server.  So, was wondering how to go about?

A logical replica needs wal_level = logical, a setting that also
allows to do streaming replication for a physical replica.  But the
opposite is not true, as using wal_level = replica will not work for
logical replicas.  So, assuming that you want to have both logical and
physical replicas that replicate from the same source server, you need
to set wal_level to logical on the primary server because it is a
system-wide configuration.
--
Michael

Attachment