Re: doc review for v13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: doc review for v13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 08:42:08AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 04:28:20PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be more simple to use "to prepare for a base backup" here?
>
> I think it's useful to say "prepare to take" since it's more specific..  It's
> not "preparing to receive" or "preparing to scan" or "preparing to parse".

Not sure I see the point in complicating the sentence here more than
necessary.

>>> -   to have problems. Also, files which were ignored in the previous step are
>>> +   to have problems. Files which were ignored in the previous step are
>>>     also ignored in this step.
>>
>> No sure this needs to change
>
> Two "also"s seems poor, and the first one detracts from the 2nd.

Ah, OK.  Indeed.

>> "resent" is wrong, but "re-sent" does not sound like the best choice
>> to me.  Shouldn't we just say "sent again" for all three places?
>
> I don't think so.

Well, using "sent again" has the advantage to about any ambiguity in
the way it gets read.  So I'd still prefer that when using the past
tense of "send" in those sentences.  Any opinions from others?
--
Michael

Attachment