"stable storage" - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject "stable storage"
Date
List pgsql-docs
I know we talk about durability a lot, but it seems we mention "stable
storage" much more often than "durable storage" in our docs:

    $ grep 'stable storage' *.sgml
    config.sgml:        necessarily reached stable storage on the standby.
    monitoring.sgml:       stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:       to reach stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for a relation data file to reach stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:       stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for changes to a relation data file to reach stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for data to reach stable storage while adding a line to the
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for data to reach stable storage while creating the data
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for logical rewrite mappings to reach stable storage
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for mapping data to reach stable storage during a logical
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for the relation map file to reach stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for a replication slot control file to reach stable storage
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for SLRU data to reach stable storage during a checkpoint
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for SLRU data to reach stable storage following a page
    monitoring.sgml:       stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:       replication to reach stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for a two phase state file to reach stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for WAL to reach stable storage during
    monitoring.sgml:       reach stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for a WAL file to reach stable storage.</entry>
    monitoring.sgml:      <entry>Waiting for data to reach stable storage while assigning a new

    $ grep 'durable storage' *.sgml
    config.sgml:        kernel to durable storage.  This can be done while the cluster
    func.sgml:    location known to be written to durable storage. The write location is the

Is "stable storage" the same as "durable storage"?  Should we rename
"stable storage" mentions to "durable storage"?