Re: Update Old Version Public Keys? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Update Old Version Public Keys?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: David E. Wheeler
> Works very well, except for Postgres 13 (and presumably future pre-releases). Is there some incantation I could put
intothe Dockerfile to permanently configure it to ready from the prerelease repo, too? Sorry for the newb question, I’m
onlya superficial apt user.

PG13 requires an extra "13" added to the sources.list entry:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_to_try_the_beta_version_of_the_next_PostgreSQL_release

There's a shell script to automate these bits in postgresql-common 204
or newer:

/usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh -v 13

https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/postgresql-common/-/blob/master/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh

(Unfortunately, buster has only version 200, so you'd need to install
postgresql-common from buster-pgdg first, but if you do that, you have
a trust path from buster via buster-pgdg to PG13 without fetching
random things via wget.)

Christoph