Re: Parallel safety of contrib extensions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Parallel safety of contrib extensions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 12:40:54PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Winfield, Steven" <Steven.Winfield@gam.com> writes:
>> There was a thread about this back in 2016[1], but I've just been
>> bitten by it and wondered if any (more) extensions, particularly
>> btree_gist, will have their operators/functions verified and marked as
>> parallel-safe?
>
> Whenever somebody does the legwork and sends a patch ...

This would not be a complicated change as it requires creating a new
version script for those modules.  You can look at commit 20eb273 as
an example, and the work is even simpler now that we just need update
scripts when bumping a module's version (those named foo--1.0--1.1.sql
and not foo--1.1.sql).  Here is the related documentation:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/extend-extensions.html#id-1.8.3.20.15
--
Michael

Attachment