Re: Help with plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Help with plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/10/20 4:35 PM, PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO wrote:
> something like EDB_PYTHONHOME
> that only the Postgres install would use.
>
> That's exactly what I was looking for. Isn't a way to configure some
> postgres file, so that postgres would use that file and look for python
> in that directory before seeing the path?

That is not something that is native to Postgres. The issue is that EDB
bundles a Python version with the Language Pack and points the
plpython(3)u extensions at it. I understand that, as they can't count on
Python being installed as in Unix(en) OS'es or invoke a package manager
to satisfy the dependency. The problem is when you do install some other
form of Python on your Windows machine. Then you get the conflicts.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com