Should I use JSON? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From stan
Subject Should I use JSON?
Date
Re: Should I use JSON?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: Should I use JSON?  (pabloa98 <pabloa98@gmail.com>)
Re: Should I use JSON?  (Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Worming on a small project, and have been doing a lot of Perl scripting to
parse various types of files to populate the database. Now I need to get
data from a cloud services provider (time-keeping). They have a REST API
that returns data in a JSOSN format.

So here is the question, should I just manually parse this data, as I have
been doing to insert into appropriate entities into the database? Or should I
insert the JSON data, and use some queries in the database to populate my
tables from the JSON tables?

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin