Re: arm64 on apt.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: arm64 on apt.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: David Steele 2020-05-04 <641d9dd5-2899-c5a3-bb02-290b9240e827@pgmasters.net>
> Thank you so much for this!
>
> How far down are you planning to go? pgBackRest currently supports
> PostgreSQL >= 8.3, though were are considering dropping 8.3/8.4 support
> soon. Maybe it's time to let 9.0 go as well, but would be good to know if
> you plan to add it.

Hi David,

it's great to get feedback on that bit so I know people are actually
using these things.

For Debian/sid, there are already packages all the way back until 8.2,
so it will probably not be hard to extend the coverage to these. It
will need a bit more work because the packages were only made for sid,
and possibly need some readjustments for the other distributions.

The problem with 9.0 is that it doesn't support arm64, but I can
exclude the architecture from that package.

> Currently the distro versions (Debian and RHEL) we are using to test 8.3-9.0
> are all EOL, which is obviously not ideal, though we have not had any issues
> building (yet).

I guess I should put a version matrix into the wiki page with the
version coverage.

Christoph
--
Senior Berater, Tel.: +49 2166 9901 187
credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080, USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209