Re: arm64 on apt.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From David Steele
Subject Re: arm64 on apt.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi Christoph,

On 5/4/20 5:35 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:

> Many PostgreSQL extensions are still supporting older server versions that are
> EOL. For testing these extension, server packages need to be available. I've
> built packages for PostgreSQL 9.2+ on all Debian distributions, and all Ubuntu
> LTS distributions. 9.1 will follow shortly.

Thank you so much for this!

How far down are you planning to go? pgBackRest currently supports
PostgreSQL >= 8.3, though were are considering dropping 8.3/8.4 support
soon. Maybe it's time to let 9.0 go as well, but would be good to know
if you plan to add it.

Currently the distro versions (Debian and RHEL) we are using to test
8.3-9.0 are all EOL, which is obviously not ideal, though we have not
had any issues building (yet).

Regards,
--
-David