Re: Fix compilation failure against LLVM 11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Fix compilation failure against LLVM 11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 09:41:20PM -0700, Jesse Zhang wrote:
> I searched my inbox and the archive, strange that nobody else is seeing
> this.
>
> Turns out that LLVM has recently removed "llvm/IR/CallSite.h" in
> (unreleased) version 11 [1][2]. To fix the build I tried conditionally
> (on LLVM_VERSION_MAJOR < 11) including CallSite.h, but that looks yuck.
> Then I poked at llvmjit_inline.cpp a bit and found that CallSite.h
> doesn't seem to be really necessary. PFA a patch that simply removes
> this #include.
>
> In addition, I've done the due dilligence of trying to build against
> LLVM versions 8, 9, 10.

LLVM 11 has not been released yet.  Do you think that this part or
even more are subject to change before the 11 release?  My take would
be to wait more before fixing this issue and make sure that our code
is fixed when their code is GA'd.
--
Michael

Attachment