Re: WAL usage calculation patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: WAL usage calculation patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 08:35:51AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 2:35 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:16 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>>  The internal symbol for the WAL record is
>>> XLOG_FPI and xlogdesc.c prints it as "FPI".
>
> Julien, Peter, others do you have any opinion here?  I think it is
> better if we decide on one of FPW or FPI and make the changes at all
> places for this patch.

It seems to me that Peter is right here.  A full-page write is the
action to write a full-page image, so if you consider only a way to
define the static data of a full-page and/or a quantity associated to
it, we should talk about full-page images.
--
Michael

Attachment