Re: doc review for v13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: doc review for v13
Date
Re: doc review for v13  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 08:59:05PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:13 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>>> I think my text is correct.  This would *also* be correct:
>>> But not the hybrid: "If any OF THE .. is .."
>
>> "any of the...are" sounds more natural to my ears,
>
> Yeah, I think the same.  If you want to argue grammar, I'd point
> out that the "any" could refer to several of the constraints,
> making it correct to use the plural verb.  The alternative that
> Justin mentions could be written as "If any one constraint is ...",
> which is correct in that form; but the plural way seems less stilted.

Hm, okay.  There are still pieces in those patches about which I am
not sure, so I have let that aside for the time being.

Anyway, I have applied patch 12, and reported the typos from imath.c
directly to upstream:
https://github.com/creachadair/imath/issues/45
https://github.com/creachadair/imath/issues/46
--