Re: forgotten initalization of a variable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: forgotten initalization of a variable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 03:08:30PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> The commit a7e8ece41c adds a new member restoreCommand to
> XLogPageReadPrivate. readOneRecord doesn't make use of it but forgets
> to set NULL. That can lead to illegal pointer access.

That's an oversight of the original commit.  Now, instead of failing
even if there is a restore command, wouldn't it be better to pass down
the restore_command to readOneRecord() so as we can optionally
improve the stability of a single record lookup?  This only applies to
a checkpoint record now, but this routine could be called elsewhere in
the future.  Please see the attached.
--
Michael

Attachment