Re: pg_basebackup, manifests and backends older than ~12 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_basebackup, manifests and backends older than ~12
Date
Re: pg_basebackup, manifests and backends older than ~12  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 08:08:17AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Exactly.  My point is exactly that.  The current code would force
> users maintaining scripts with pg_basebackup to use --no-manifest if
> such a script runs with older versions of Postgres, but we should
> encourage users not do to that because we want them to use manifests
> with backend versions where they are supported.

Please note that I have added an open item for this thread, and
attached is a proposal of patch.  While reading the code, I have
noticed that the minimum version handling is not consistent with the
other MINIMUM_VERSION_*, so I have added one for manifests.
--
Michael

Attachment