Re: pg_validatebackup -> pg_verifybackup? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pg_validatebackup -> pg_verifybackup?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-04-12 10:57:59 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, I'd be happier with "pg" than "pg_ctl" as well.  But it's so
> short that I wonder if some other software has already adopted it.

FWIW, Debian unstable does not have a 'pg' binary. There's a few modules
in various languages called 'pg', but that's not a problem.

I personally think it might be a good idea to 'claim' the pg binary
soon, so that doesn't change. Even if we should support a command or two
through it initially (e.g. pg_ctl ... -> pg ctl ...).

Regards,

Andres Freund