Re: Need to find the no. of connections for a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter J. Holzer
Subject Re: Need to find the no. of connections for a database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2020-02-27 07:41:36 +0000, sivapostgres@yahoo.com wrote:
> Before taking a few reports, we need to ensure that only one connection is made
> to the database and all other computers need to close the connection to that
> database.   This is to prevent any additional entry(ies) that could be made
> during the course of the report taking.

Do you have control over those reports or are they generated by a
third-party tool?

If the former, the best way is probably to just run them all in a single
REPEATABLE READ transaction. Then they will all reflect the state of the
database at the start of the transaction, regardless of what other
clients are doing in the meantime.

        hp

Attachment