Re: How to install check_postgres on CentOS 8? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter J. Holzer
Subject Re: How to install check_postgres on CentOS 8?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2020-02-26 15:11:38 +0100, rainer@ultra-secure.de wrote:
> I'm trying to install the check_postgres RPM from the official
> postgresql.org repository onto CentOS 8.1
>
> It says:
>
> Error:
>  Problem: cannot install the best candidate for the job
>   - nothing provides perl-DateTime-Format-DateParse needed by
> check_postgres-2.25.0-1.rhel8.noarch

So check_postgres depends on a package which isn't in any of your yum
repositories.

It's been some time that I last used RHEL (RHEL 6 was the last I used),
but there were some optional repositories (actually, I think they were
called "channels") with "application specific" packages. Among them was
a developer repo whith lots of additional Perl modules (and other stuff,
but the Perl modules were what is relevant here).

If RHEL 8 (and by extension, CentOS 8) still has that structure, you may
need to configure those repos.

There is also EPEL ("Extra Packages for Redhat Linux"), which contains
packages from Fedora. Maybe perl-DateTime-Format-DateParse is in EPEL?

        hp

Attachment