Re: PATCH: standby crashed when replay block which truncated instandby but failed to truncate in master node - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PATCH: standby crashed when replay block which truncated instandby but failed to truncate in master node
Date
In response to Re: PATCH: standby crashed when replay block which truncated instandby but failed to truncate in master node  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
Re: PATCH: standby crashed when replay block which truncated instandby but failed to truncate in master node  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 07:36:51PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 1:47 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> Thanks.  I have few tweaks to propose to the docs.
>>
>> +        raise a PANIC-level error, aborting the recovery. Setting
>> Instead of "PANIC-level error", I would just use "PANIC error", and
>
> I have no strong opinion about this, but I used "PANIC-level error"
> because the description for data_sync_retry has already used it.

Okay.  Fine with what you think is good.

>> instead of "aborting the recovery" just "crashing the server".
>
> PANIC implies server crash, so IMO "crashing the server" is
> a bit redundant, and "aborting the recovery" is better because
> "continue the recovery" is used later.

Okay.  I see your point here.

> So, what about

> causes the system to ignore invalid page references in WAL records
> (but still report a warning), and continue the recovery.

And that sounds good to me.  Switching the patch as ready for
committer.
--
Michael

Attachment