Re: PATCH: standby crashed when replay block which truncated instandby but failed to truncate in master node - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PATCH: standby crashed when replay block which truncated instandby but failed to truncate in master node
Date
In response to Re: PATCH: standby crashed when replay block which truncated instandby but failed to truncate in master node  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 11:17:36PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> OK, I updated the patch that way.
> Attached is the updated version of the patch.

Thanks.  I have few tweaks to propose to the docs.

+        raise a PANIC-level error, aborting the recovery. Setting
Instead of "PANIC-level error", I would just use "PANIC error", and
instead of "aborting the recovery" just "crashing the server".

+        causes the system to ignore those WAL records
WAL records are not ignored, but errors caused by incorrect page
references in those WAL records are.  The current phrasing sounds like
the WAL records are not applied.

Another thing that I just recalled.  Do you think that it would be
better to mention that invalid page references can only be seen after
reaching the consistent point during recovery?  The information given
looks enough, but I was just wondering if that's worth documenting or
not.
--
Michael

Attachment