Re: Remove libpq.rc, use win32ver.rc for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Remove libpq.rc, use win32ver.rc for libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 14 Jan 2020 22:34:10 +0100, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
> On 2020-01-09 10:56, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > On 2020-01-06 09:02, Michael Paquier wrote:
> >> - FILEFLAGSMASK  0x17L
> >> + FILEFLAGSMASK  VS_FFI_FILEFLAGSMASK
> >> Are you sure with the mapping here?  I would have thought that
> >> VS_FF_DEBUG is not necessary when using release-quality builds, which
> >> is something that can be configured with build.pl, and that it would
> >> be better to not enforce VS_FF_PRERELEASE all the time.
> > Note that there is FILEFLAGSMASK and FILEFLAGS.  The first is just a
> > mask that says which bits in the second are valid.  Since both
> > libpq.rc
> > and win32ver.rc use FILEFLAGS 0, it doesn't matter what we set
> > FILEFLAGSMASK to.  But currently libpq.rc uses 0x3fL and win32ver.rc
> > uses 0x17L, so in order to unify this sensibly I looked for a
> > well-recognized standard value, which led to VS_FFI_FILEFLAGSMASK.

I agree to the direction of the patch and the point above sounds
sensible to me.

> Here is a rebased patch.

It applied on 4d8a8d0c73 cleanly and built successfully by VS2019.

regares.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center