Re: BUG #7814: Rotation of the log is not carried out. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7814: Rotation of the log is not carried out.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 22, 2013, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> So what we need on Windows is for the data transfer thread to notice
>>> when "Log_RotationSize > 0 && ftell(syslogFile) >= Log_RotationSize",
>>> and then either signal the control thread to wake up, or do the
>>> rotation itself.  Probably the former is less risk.

> The attached patch fixes the problem, tested under mingw.
> This is my first effort in both Windows and in the Latch code, so committer
> beware.

Looks good, except I moved the test out of the if-block.  The ereport in
the other if branch could also fill the file, in principle, and in any
case it hardly seems like we need to optimize any of the non-success
cases.

> It should be applied to 9_2 and to head.

Done.  Thanks for doing this!

            regards, tom lane