Re: error context for vacuum to include block number - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: error context for vacuum to include block number
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 10:07:08PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 04:47:35PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > It's related code which I cleaned up before adding new stuff.  Not essential,
> > thus separate (0002 should be backpatched).
>
> The issue just causes some extra work and that's not a bug, so applied
> without a backpatch.

Thanks

> For 0003, I think that lazy_vacuum_heap_index() can be confusing as
> those indexes are unrelated to heap.  Why not naming it just
> lazy_vacuum_all_indexes()?  The routine should also have a header
> describing it.

I named it so because it calls both lazy_vacuum_index
("PROGRESS_VACUUM_PHASE_VACUUM_INDEX") and
lazy_vacuum_heap("PROGRESS_VACUUM_PHASE_VACUUM_HEAP")

I suppose you don't think the other way around is better?
lazy_vacuum_index_heap

Justin