Re: pglz performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pglz performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Nov-27, Andrey Borodin wrote:

> >> I think I can just write it without line limit and then run pgindent.
> >> Will try to do it this evening. Also, I will try to write more about
> >> memmove.
> Well, yes, I could not make pgindent format some parts of that
> comment, gave up and left only simple text.

Please don't.  The way to avoid pgindent from messing with the comment
is to surround it with dashes, /*--------- and end it with *------- */
Just make sure that you use well-aligned and lines shorter than 80, for
cleanliness; but whatever you do, if you use the dashes then pgindent
won't touch it.

(I think the closing dash line is not necessary, but it looks better for
things to be symmetrical.)