Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access
Date
Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 10:53:00PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> That is, TestLib::slurp_file is failing to read a file.  Almost
> certainly, "permission denied" doesn't really mean a permissions
> problem, but failure to specify the file-opening flags needed to
> allow concurrent access on Windows.  We fixed this in pg_ctl
> itself in commit 0ba06e0bf ... but we didn't fix the TAP
> infrastructure.  Is there an easy way to get Perl on board
> with that?

If we were to use Win32API::File so as the file is opened in shared
mode, we would do the same as what our frontend/backend code does (see
$uShare):
https://metacpan.org/pod/Win32API::File
--
Michael