Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two
Date
Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 09:57:57AM -0700, legrand legrand wrote:
> Does that mean that all processes seen in pg_stat_activity like
> - autovacuum launcher
> - logical replication launcher
> - background writer
> - checkpointer
> - walwriter
> - Parallel worker
> are available with that hook (it seems not) ?

All processes using PostgresMain() for their startup take this code
path like WAL senders and normal backend sessions, but not things
going through StartChildProcess() (WAL receiver, bgwriter, etc.) or
other processes like autovacuum processes which use a different start
code path.

> The patch refers to a 2017 copyright, that's all I found yet ;o)

Fixed, thanks!
--
Michael

Attachment